Sunday 14 June 2015

No place I'd rather be

Unfortunately it's another beautiful day in Greece.  What can I do so we can stay here longer I ask?



I'm awake early and spend the morning updating  the Blog.  The mornings are my favouite time of day; Nespresso in hand and off I go.

My head cold is a real pain as my ears are blocked and on the plane the pain was excruciating as I could not equalise.  I can't hear properly nor taste all my favourite delights of Greece.

Once Greg is up we go for a walk and take some breakfast at a local cafe.  The fresh orange juice is always yum.  We do another little shop and we are on our way by 10am.   We changed our mind as we thought we would give Fiscardo a miss and try Kioni but on second thoughts we go back to plan A.  So it's only a two hour motor to Fiscardo.  Again I'm on watch as Greg scubs the front third of the deck.   He is very good at this and seems to enjoy it! I'm very happy keeping watch and catching some rays.

Fiscardo is pretty full and we have to take the last space right where we were for Belinda s birthday last year.  The Capitain of the cruiser helps us with our lines.  But there is a problem?  As we have no tender (decided not to pump it it up for this quick trip) how do you get ashore as the water depth is very shallow?  You actually need the tender to sit between the stern and the shore line to carry to shore.  The Capitain next door graciously allows us to use his cruiser to access the shore. Problem solved! 

After our anchor beers Greg goes ashore for a quick shop for lunch items.  He actually manages to buy all five items on the list including my fav orange syrup cake.  Can't wait for breakfast coffees tomorrow morning now.

After a yummy lunch on board we take a dip in the harbour.  The water is just perfect and so clean.  Greg checks out the lay of the anchors and all is in order.  We relax on deck soaking up the atmosphere and enjoy some people watching.  We get ready for dinner and head into the village.

First stop is a little bar for an aperitif and great view.

Then it's back to the Captains Cabin for a special treat.  Yep you guessed it lobster spaghetti.


Bon appetite!











No comments:

Post a Comment