Sunday 26 August 2012

Corfu – Marina Gouvia

We had a great night to celebrate 22.  The taxi driver dropped us off in the heart of Corfu and we walked straight into a Champagne Bar.  We order our celebratory Moet and enjoy this with some complimentary olives and nuts.  The owner owns the Italian restaurant next door so we decide to have dinner there and we can take our bubbles with us. 
The exotica salad is recommended so we both order this for an entrée, it’s delicious but really big for an entrée.  Actually all the meals here are huge so far.  The salad is made of avocado, prawns, mango, cucumber and a spicy dressing, it’s the best salad of the trip so far and goes perfectly with the Moet.
Happy 22!

Salad Exotica

We are very full now so stroll around the city.  It’s about midnight and the streets are packed with locals and tourists.  It’s still about  36 degrees as we wander around.  When we come back in a few week's time we will spend more time here.  Hopefully it will also be cooler by mid-September.
Mornings are my favourite time, its cooler and I can get my work done before melting.  I’ve removed the mattress covers from both the aft cabins and will get them washed today so they will be clean for our visitors next year. 
We have so many choices for coffee at the Marina, most have WI-FI so we are really loving this place especially the pool.
We grab a taxi in search for an electrical shop to purchase a new VHF radio as the one we have only receives and does not transmit.  It’s six years old so time to be replaced anyway.  Greg orders the exact model he wants and it will be delivered tomorrow.  We then go to the Port
Authority and Customs to get our paperwork finalised so we now have our Greek cruising log.  This needs to be stamped by the Port Authority when we arrive and depart each Island.  We have officially arrived in Greece!
The round trip in the taxi costs 45 Euros.
We head to the pool to cool off and have some lunch at the Blue Café.  We share a yummy Greek salad and chicken shish kebab. 
I noticed a large supermarket just outside the grounds of the Marina so decide it’s time to go for a little shop.  I stop at the chandler on the way and purchase and new boat hook, and some other cleaning goodies.  I also notice they sell the Magma BBQ which we have been trying to source for a few months.
It’s a great supermarket the cheapest so far, they are selling Moet for only 35 Euros, it my lucky day!  As I’m walking there is only so much I can carry but will be back tomorrow to get a few more bottles. 
love the shopping!
It’s time for another swim and basically we spend most of the evening by the pool.
After  breakfast we head back to town to pick up the VHF radio and drop by the marina that will winter our yacht.  We pay our deposit of 600 Euros and will drop the yacht back to the morning of the 18th September.  We fly to Istanbul that day for a few nights.  We also stop off at the Supermarket so I can buy some more Moet and Greg picks up some spare parts for his toilet as its leaking. 
We are heading off today, so while Greg buys some ice and gets the paperwork stamped I make some lunch.  I manage to slice a rather large piece of skin of my finger, it’s a few layers thick, the worst cut I’ve ever had.  Its bleeding a lot so Dr Greg comes to assist me by bandaging it up, it’s throbbing and I am now single handed as I can't get it wet for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 22 lovers!!! You are both looking so tanned and happy. Loving the blogs. Hope your finger heals very quickly Gail. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete