Thursday 9 August 2012

Tuesday morning started off great...

We both had a deep sleep and woke about 6am.  It’s hot already.  The temperature goes to 38 degrees today unusually hot even for Croatia so we are told by the locals.
Greg fills the water tanks which take 500 litres of water which should last a while.  We then set off for a quick motor around to the fuel station.  It’s on the way there that I realise I can’t find my handbag.  Bugger! I think I left it hanging inside the toilet last night.  I did remind myself at the time not to forget it.  That’s what over tiredness can do.  So not feeling so good now.  Once we fuel  up we head back to our berth.  I go straight to the bathroom but of course no bag.  I start to panic as I have lots of goodies in the bag including Euros and credit cards, plus it was my bag that work gave me.  I check at the Marina office and no luck.  I put a reward sign up in the bathroom and not long after that a kind gentleman returns my bag to the Marina office.  The man does not want any reward but I insist he takes it, as honesty always pays off.  I am so relieved and burst into tears.  Anyway emergency averted.  Thank you to whoever is looking over me!
Next on the to do list is to do one more shop (turns out being about five today) and we then return the Hertz car back to Split.  For lots of reasons we don’t have access to Wi-Fi to find the Hertz address in Split.  We were told by the Hertz dude to follow the signs to the Stadium and we will find the office.  Yeh right!
After only asking once for directions  we find the office and say goodbye to our car.  It feels hotter in Split due to the reflection off the water and sandstone paving.  We walk around for a little while and then find a great café.
The first of many!
At least it’s a little cooler indoors. The cafe is called Cakula which has Wi-Fi and Moet so I indulge in a small bottle, what the hell.  It's actually my first one since I arrived.  Yes can you believe it!
I keep working on the draft blog while Greg goes to find out about bus times back to Primosten.  He finally comes back worst for wear due to the heat and recommends a rickshaw ride to the bus station when we are ready to go.  I still haven’t published anything as yet.
Rickshaw driver Split
Bus trip back is hot, hot, hot and we taxi it back to Kremik from Primosten.  Its already 5pm so after purchasing a few more things, we get ready for dinner.  We have invited Leo and Ivan out for a thank you meal, as they have both done a great job helping us with the boat. Leo drops by to pick us up and gives us a gift of traditional Croatian grappa, can’t wait to try this one night!

bus trip back from Split
Leo and Greg Atrium Restaron, Rodgers Knickers
Leo recommends the Atrium Restaron at Rogonizca pronounced like Rodgers Knickers.  Mario owns the place and is an excellent host.  He chooses an excellent white wine and we enjoy some good conversation with great food.  One of the specialities is pork stuffed with bacon and cheese, Greg orders this and yes it is yummy.
After two bottles of wine and some complimentary grappa, we call it quits, we are really tired so happy to have an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment