Thursday 2 August 2012

We are living the dream

I can't believe that after all the trials and tribulations Greg and I have finally made it to the Qantas lounge.  What a relief!


Qantas Lounge Sydney

Its two years since we came up with our dream.  We were cruising the Med  and realised that  it would be much more exciting to be sailing the Med than the coast of Australia which was the plan.   We were going to upgrade our 34 Catalina and sail around the coast of Australia.

But after 12 days cruising the Med we only had dreams of doing that in our own yacht.  So the idea was in the making.  It took us over 12 months to sell the Catalina and within weeks we flew to Croatia to purchase our 43 Beneteau, 10 foot longer and six years younger than the Catalina.  The rest is history.

It's been a mad two weeks but I think I have done everything possible to make the trip as wonderful as possible which includes looking fantastic.
Spray tan tick
7 weeks of lotto tick
Hair tick
Wax and polish tick
Podcasts downloaded tick
Euros tick
Botox tick
Nails tick
Lots of Bon Voyagey bubbles tick

Yeh I'm feeling great!
A big thanks goes to all of you;  our dear friends and family for giving us your love and support
without you we wouldn't be here today.

This really is the first day of the rest of our lives.
Xx

We get our first taste of vacation at Istanbul airport, it must be happy hour somewhere.
some Turkish bubbles

4 comments:

  1. sooooooooooo freakin envious u guys...stay safe and have a good time. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sitting at my desk thinking of you on the yacht. How fantastic for you... Eagerly awaiting your next update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear all is well will follow your progress. All good here.

    Cheers Hal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was over there sitting in the dinghy trailing from behind!! Thanks for the phone call at 12.29am on 8 Aug. I could hear your voices and the water lapping the side of the boat....pissed I suspect:)

    ReplyDelete