Tuesday 28 May 2013

4. Leap of Faith......

We head back into Bozburun harbour for our fuel delivery and reverse in just out the front of Gordon's Restaurant.  We decide to have some breakfast there and chat to the staff.  They are very friendly and helpful with information.


The diesel guy turns up on time and he handles the refuelling for us.  We are staying in the harbour now for two nights now as there is a huge southerly buster coming tomorrow with a forecast reaching Beaufort 7s and 8s in the area.  We want to be tied up to something solid to withstand gale force winds.  Most likely we will catch a bus to Marmaris to miss the southerly as we won't be headed there in the yacht and we'd both like to visit the city.

I have a hairdresser recommended to me and I take a leap of faith to have a cut and colour.  He quotes me 30 Turkish Lira which is about $20 dollars Australian.  You can pay up to $200 for a bad one in Sydney so fingers crossed.  Guess I can always have it fixed in Marmaris tomorrow if need be.

As it turns out he does a great job of colouring my hair and all my grey is gone.  The cut is not bad either  so I give him 50 TL as I don't know how he can even pay for the products on so little money.  He is a very happy guy and so am I.

It's another beautiful day in Bozburun and we just hang out watching the boats arrive and depart the harbour, having a siesta and enjoying the odd cold drink or two.

We have great Wi-Fi at the moment and will do till Thursday morning (except when we go to Marmaris) so if you want to say hi let us know and we can Facetime you or Skype you.  We are seven hours behind Australia, ten hours ahead of Vancouver and sevens hours ahead of New York.  Gee I hope I've done my sums right.  Anyway would love to say hi to anyone who is out there.

Gulets in th harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment